, , , , ,

Food...it's good


I've been getting really tired of eating the same old thing, over and over again.  I'm always looking for something new, something protein packed and low carb, and something quick and easy.  Yesterday was food experimentation day in my house, and I've found two winners!

The first one winner would be these amazeballs chicken and bacon wraps.  My recipe was tweaked a bit.  First of all, it's 20 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes.  Then, I used a pound of Wegman's brand organic uncured turkey bacon.  The original recipe called for "real" bacon, but this stuff was out of this world, and tasted like ham.  And the third and final ingredient was one packet of dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix.  You coat the chicken in the ranch, wrap it in the bacon, which you cut into thirds, and secure with a toothpick.  I baked them in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.  Each wrap has 38 calories, 1g carb, and 6g protein.  I ate 4 of them.  My husband ate, oh,maybe a dozen or so?  


And dinner?  Allow me to say OMG.  I've been dying for pizza.  The gooey cheese, the pepperoni, the sauce....yum.  Do I miss the dough/crust?  Yea, sometimes.  There's nothing like a greasy slab of pizza, dipped into ranch dressing.  Yea, that's why I'm fat.  Anyhow, I took a zucchini and sliced it in half lengthwise, and then again lengthwise until I had 4 strips.  I used 1/4 cup of pizza sauce, and spread it on all 4, used about 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese and 10 slices of pepperoni, diced and dived among the 4.  I baked this in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  I like when my cheese is golden brown and starts to get all crusty like on the edges.  The only thing that would of make this more perfect would be mushrooms.  Oh and maybe onions.  One slice of my zucchini pizza is 80 calories, with 3g of carbs and 4g of protein.  I never promised a protein-packed powerhouse with this one.  But it surely was a tasty treat!!

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair