Sooooo tired....

I'm so fucking sick of liquids.  Ugh.  I know it's in my best interest, and I know it's to heal my new tummy, but seriously, I'm just so done.  I'm having a tough time getting everything down as well.  Two protein shakes a day right now is my limit, and half the time, I can't even quite finish one.  I only have the chocolate ones and right now, the thought of anything chocolate makes me want to vomit.  If you knew me pre-surgery, you'd be shocked by this.  I could eat chocolate like it's the last day on earth...I'm the type of fatty would could pound down one of those ginormous Hershey bars and not think twice.  Then again, there's a reason why I was so fat to begin with!!  Anyhow...chocolate now?  Yick.

Soups are ok.  I was dying for cream of mushroom, and ate it twice.  Don't wanna touch it.  I strained light clam chowder broth, and ate it twice.  Don't wanna touch it anymore.  Can't even bring myself to the cream of chicken, or anything else for that manner.  Last night I opened a can of chicken and barley soup, and ate the broth.  I nearly cried, because all I wanted to do was eat the entire contents of the can.  It smelled and looked sooooo good.  I just want food!

Today I'm having a tough time with my pills and vitamins.  The vitamins taste like ass.  I had my husband get me some Flintstones and guess what?  They taste like ass - in a smaller version.  I'm so disgusted.  And today my heartburn is flaring up again, causing me to have a tough time getting all my liquids down.

I prayed and prayed for this surgery, and now I'm praying for a speedy recovery.  I'm exhausted and I have no energy, because I'm not getting in enough calories.  Ugh I just want to be normal again. :/

2 shared thoughts:

  1. I was right there with you! I had my first follow-up today (Surgery was 5/14) The first week I stuck to protein shakes, applesauce, icees, and pudding. The 2nd week, I was so tired of the same food. I wasn't even physically hungry but I wanted FOOD! The 2nd week I introduced egg beaters, bananas, and mashed potatoes. I had some issues with the eggs/egg beaters but it's getting better. Doctor cleared me today to eat whatever I felt comfortable with and I am ecstatic! For dinner I had turkey lunch meat and cheese rolled up. As for the protein shakes, I had no problem drinking them before surgery but now, they are just too sweet! And I am the same fatty, I could eat 6 donuts and then look for something else to eat. Hang in there, it gets better and I know, during week 1, I just wanted to go back and change it. I was tired and miserable. I think today is the first day that I'm not exhausted. Last night I even took a shower and didn't have to lay down as soon as I got out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait until I can take a shower and not be exhausted LOL! Last week I had to sit on the edge of the tub afterwards to shave my legs...ugh!! I gotta make it through one more day of choking down these damn shakes and then I PRAY purees go down well. I'll cry if they don't :(

    ReplyDelete

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair