Overloaded and overstuffed

What a day today has been.  Yesterday I got my surgery date. Today I had my pre-op appointment.  It took almost 3 hours, and I had my 10 year old with me, who showed so much maturity and patience today.  We went over the liver reduction diet, which starts tomorrow morning.  I did eat my last meal tonight.  We went to Five Guys, and I had a double bacon cheeseburger and fries.  And I loved every single bite.  BUT!  Yes, there is a but.  I ate too much and felt so sick afterwards.  It was awful.

My diet is pretty strict.  A protein shake for breakfast, for lunch a shake and either 1/2 cup of oatmeal, unsweetened applesauce, sugar-free pudding, 4 oz. of light yogurt or non-fat cottage cheese.  Only thing I like on that list would be pudding.  Afternoon snack is also one of those food items.  Dinner I get 2 oz. of chicken or fish, along with either a cup of raw or cooked green veggies, or 1/2 cup V8 juice.  And I can have a 4th protein shake, but they prefer I do not.  During the day, I'm to have at a minimum 64 ounces of water, crystal lights, propel, G2, sugar free kool-aid, sugar free popsicles, sugar-free jello and fat free broth.  The water won't be a problem.  I typically drink 2 liters at work and then more at home.  It'll be nice to have some broth to combat all that sweetness in the shakes and what not.  I'm worried that I'll be a raging bitch on this diet...but it'll be worth it in the end.

I've lost 4 pounds in the last week.  I cut out starches with dinner, and cut out soda, for the most part.  I'm drinking my final cherry coke right now.  

Lots to do in less than two weeks.  Monday I have to arrange for my pre-op testing, and I also have to have medical clearance from my primary care physician.  

While me and my son were sitting in the office going over all of the surgical risks, he started to cry.  He said he didn't want anything bad to happen to me.  I explained to him that me remaining this size is a much bigger risk that surgery.

I'm hopeful. I'm excited.  I'm really mentally ready for this.  I'm ready for the changes.  I'm ready to lose all this baggage.

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair