So pissed!!

When my son was in 1st grade, he was bullied - badly.  I expected much, much more out of a private Catholic school - so I was stunned when the bullying began.  And it wasn't just a little girl teasing him along with her friends; it was a little girl kicking him and hitting him, oftentimes in his private area.  This all occurred at the school's after school program.  I spoke with the coordinators - they said there was no problem.  I spoke with the principal who told me "oh silly mom, kids will be kids."  Kids.  Will.  Be.  Kids.

Kids will be kids.

Kids will be kids.

What the fuck kind of answer is kids will be kids???

I removed him from that school and placed him in another one that impressed me from the word go.  I'll never forget our first day there - the principal met us at the front door to welcome my son into the school.  I felt like ok, this is where he belongs.  That was 3 years ago.  Now?  I'm not so sure anymore.

His first 2 years at this school he excelled.  His grades were terrific - he made honor roll each semester.  He was always being honored at the breakfast of champions - the principals award breakfast (and day out of uniform, hooray!!), for doing your homework every single day.

This year - 4th grade - it's so different.  My little boy no longer smiles at the thought of going to school.  He never does his homework, resulting in lunch detention after lunch detention.  He's being bullied--to the point where he no longer wants to go to school everyday.  He's being bullied to the point where I think he's purposely forgetting his homework, so he can avoid class time with the bullies.  His grades have gone to shit.  He's just not the same precious little boy as I had last year.  Know what he told me?  He said, "Mommy, I'm so used to getting picked on, I don't mind it anymore."

And that broke my heart into a million pieces.  

So Tuesday I will meet with his principal.  This has to stop.  I cannot see my child's heart and spirit break any further.  I cannot stand to see him hate school, hate learning.  School - for me - was hell.  Because of how badly I was bullied and I want that to turn around for him.

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair