Liver Reduction Diet, Day 1

I want to try to journal as much about this time as I can, so I can always look back and see where I can from.

Today has been...ok.  Not my greatest day.  I'd like to be stuffing my face with anything.  My husband just ate two slices of pizza.  He ate Doritos earlier and I asked if I could lick the cheese off of his fingers, but I restrained myself haha.

My protein shake for breakfast did NOT go down well.  I gagged the entire time, nearly vomiting.  That wasn't pleasant.  I've consumed 629 calories today.  That is massively massive....meaning unreal for me.  That's a typical mean for me, honestly.  I've eaten so little today, and I'm feeling it.  I'm tired, I have no energy.  I've sat around all day doing nothing - no scratch that--I made dinner.  I have a headache, which I'm not sure if that's from the lack of caffeine, or what.  And no pop for me.  This is HUGE y'all!  Like, you just don't know.  I keep thinking back to last night; like WHY didn't I eat more? WHY didn't I just have one more snack last night?  But no more living in the damn past.  

Am I hungry today? Yes. I'm very hungry. My tummy is rumbling, had been all day, but it hasn't been unbearable.  Then again, I'm only on day 1.

So here's what my surgeon allows on this diet.

Breakfast is a protein shake. Lunch is a protein shake with either oatmeal (don't like it), cottage cheese (can't STAND it), yogurt (again, can't stomach it), unsweetened applesauce or pudding.  For an afternoon snack, I get to choose one of the food items above.  Dinner is 2 ounces of meat and a cup of raw or cooked vegetables.  I bought these awesome appetizer plates from CB2 and my meal barely fit on that plate; I ate 2 ounces of chicken, 1/2 cup of cooked green beans and 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower.  No butter on my veggies, which I really missed.  Next time, I'll season the veggies with salt and pepper or garlic or even lemon juice...something to make them taste better.  I've eaten more sugar-free popsicles and jello cups that I care to count as well.  Ugh.  Just ugh.

3 shared thoughts:

  1. Have you ever tried roasting your veggies? Roasted broccoli/Brussels sprouts are really good too. :)

    I'll be pre-op dieting myself in a month...it is interesting to see the differences in what doctors have patients do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what; I haven't. I'm going to try that as soon as I'm back on "real" foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasted broccoli with a little bit of olive oil = super delicious.

    Roasted Brussels sprouts with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon cooked in a foil packet = OMG.

    ReplyDelete

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair