, ,

Meals

What a difference a few weeks makes.  I'm talking about pre-op versus post-op meals. My very last meal before my pre-op diet?  It was from Five Guys.  It was a delicious, greasy fat-laden  double bacon cheeseburger, with lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup, and a regular french fry.  Oh, and a large Diet Coke.

I will be the very first to admit.  Sometimes, I REALLY miss eating shit like this.  I do.  French Fries are probably my biggest vice on the face of the planet.  And I'm sorry, but probably the only thing better than a bacon cheeseburger is pizza.

I am bringing this up now because today for lunch, I had a cheeseburger.  But it's not what you think.

First, let's discuss the "nutrition" in the above meal, shall we?

Bacon Cheeseburger

  • 920 calories (gross!!)
  • 62 grams of fat (can we say clogged arteries??)
  • 180 mg of cholesterol (no wonder I was on Lipitor!!)
  • 1310 mg of sodium (and 2 blood pressure medications)
  • 40g carbs
  • 51g protein


Regular Fries


  • 953 calories (more calories than my burger...and this one time, I got the regular size, not my standard large!!)
  • 41 grams of fat
  • 962 mg of sodium
  • 131g carbs
  • 15g protein


Large Diet Coke


Wow.  That's quite the meal huh?   1873 mother-fucking calories.  I mean really.  Was that necessary?  But that's how I ate.  ALL of the time.  Like, every meal was an event for me.  I'd go to Tim Horton's for breakfast and get a BLT bagel with a large iced mocha latte.  Or, I'd go to Chipotle for dinner and order a burrito bowl with double rice, and double meat and get the chips and salsa for a snack after dinner.  Of course, I'd wash that all down with a few Diet or Cherry Cokes.  And let's not forget about the standard Hershey bar for dessert. 

Well duh.  No wonder I got so big.  I look back now and I'm just disgusted.  It plays in my mind like a bad book.  You ever see those shows with the really large obese people and they talk about how much they eat and you can't help but feel disgusted because it seems like so much?  Yea.  Well, try taking stock of what you do eat, or used to eat and I promise, the eyes will fly wide open!

So back to today's lunch.  My cheeseburger.  I made turkey burgers for the boys, and I wanted one too, since they're on my list of soft foods.  Mine was sans bun, which I did not miss at all.  I melted a Weight Watchers cheese single on top, and dipped my bites into 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup.  I was able to finish 2/3 of my burger.  Here's what my meal weighed in at:

2/3 Jennie-O Turkey Burger

  • 130 calories
  • 7 grams of fat
  • 0 carbs
  • 18 grams of protein


2/3 slice Weight Watchers Cheese Single


  • 20 calories
  • 2 grams of fat
  • 1g carbs
  • 3g protein


150 calories for a meal, compared to 1873.  And after the meal I had today, I don't feel sick to my stomach or so stuffed that all I can do is lie on my couch for a few hours to let it digest.  Because after my last meal, I was stuffed.  I literally couldn't move off of my couch that night, because of how packed I was.

But today, I feel satisfied, not stuffed.  And the burger was DELICIOUS.

I love my sleeve!!

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair