,

Product Review: Power Crunch Protein Energy Bar

I really struggle with the protein some days.  I have issues with the protein shakes.  The main issue is they make me gag.  I just can't get them down.  Once I smell them, it's all over.  And I know the trick about drinking out of a cup with a lid so you don't smell it.  But let's be honest...you smell it.  The other problem I have is that my taste buds change literally day to day.  I bought a tub of Unjury after my surgery, and drank it two or three times with no problem what so ever.  Now?  I cannot even stand to look at my tub, because the taste just nauseates me soooooo badly.  

So, I struggle with getting in enough protein.  I decided to give protein bars a go, and see if maybe I can replace a meal or snack with one of these, to boost my protein a bit.  Today my son and I made a wee trip to the Vitamin Shoppe to suss out their selection of protein bars.  I walked out with 10 bars to try, and yes, I'm going to be one of those people who writes about them here.  

First on deck?  This baby.  Power Crunch protein energy bar, in peanut butter fudge flavor.  The package makes it looks really delicious; sort of reminds me of a nutty bar, and those things are like crack to me.  Soooo flippin good.  There's just something about chocolate, peanut butter and wafers that hits the sweet spot.  

Obviously, that's what appealed the most to me; the look of the bar on the package and the advertised flavors.  I've gotta tell you, it's certainly no nutty bar, but I don't hate it.  There is ZERO funky protein smell, so no stomach turning feelings here.  That's huge.  The flavors and texture are nice.  There is real peanut butter, at least according to the ingredient label, but I feel like that flavors gets lost by the faux chocolate coating on the bar.  The bar is nice and crispy and it breaks down into a nice texture while you chew.  Despite it not being real chocolate, or lacking some strong peanut butter flavor, this bar is pretty good.  I would definitely eat it again, and that is saying a lot.

Overall, I'd have to rate this bar a 7 out of 10.  It's not something I'd crave, necessarily, but it did the job.  I got 13 grams of protein which isn't exactly high, it did what I needed it to do...give me a little boost.  I will definitely be trying the other flavors that this bar comes in.  Those flavors include:  Triple Chocolate, French Vanilla Creme, Peanut Butter Creme, Cookies and Creme and Wildberry Creme.

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair