, , ,

Chicken "Muffins"

If there is one thing you should know about me, it's that I'm completely, utterly, hopelessly addicted to Pinterest.  I find THE coolest shit there.  From recipes, to crafts, to..well..everything!  

Last night I was looking at low carb food, and came across these chicken muffins.  I made them for dinner tonight and they were soooo good.

Here is the recipe, for the curious...

  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup quick cook oats
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
  2. Spray a non-stick cupcake pan with your nonstick spray
  3. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, minus the cheese.
  4. Roll into balls, and put into your cupcake pan
  5. Put a pinch of cheese on top of each ball (I probably used 2 tbsp. in total, for all 12 muffins)

Bake for 40 minutes.  Chow down.

A serving size for a male is 4 of these, and 2 for a female.  I could only eat 1 1/2 of them, a month out of my VSG.

I ran these through My Fitness Pal, and here's what I got, calling a serving 2 muffins...

168 calories
6g carbs
8g fat
25g protein
106g sodium
1g sugar


I didn't think it was too bad.  The muffins are really good; lots of flavor and spice.  I'd like to cut down on the spiciness next time (it gives me wicked heartburn/indigestion), and add some shredded carrots and zucchini to the mixture.  You can add more cheese on top, but I'm not a big cheese fan so that's why I went so light on it.

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair