, ,

Willpower


I have a wicked bad sweet tooth.  Before my surgery and weight loss, I ate sweets every single day.  A typical day would start off with a large iced mocha latte from Tim Horton's. I mean, what washes down a bagel and sausage sandwich better than that? I ate chocolate all the time.  ALL THE TIME. You know those gigantic Hershey bars you can buy? Not the king size ones - those are for amateurs. I'm talking the HUGE bars? I'd buy those, and eat it over two days. Most normal people, or normal weight people, wouldn't do this. But I did. Oh, and let's not forget my addiction to Diet Coke. At least a 2-liter bottle a day consumption habit. At least.

Since my surgery, I've not eaten sweets that much. I have found that since eliminating the artificial sweeteners from my diet (Diet Coke), I don't crave them as much, and also, I've eliminated my migraines, which is awesomesauce.  Those used to be brutal.

Now, when I do want a sweet, it's done in moderation. Take for example my son's birthday party. We used to get those big cakes from the bakery - you know the kind - with that sweet, delicious buttercream frosting on top. And it wasn't a big deal to me to eat 2 or 3 pieces of cake a day. Come on! No wonder I was well over the 300 lb mark just a year ago. This year, we ordered cupcakes. I ate one, and was done. I didn't eat 3 or 4, or more. I ate my cupcake, and went on my merry way.

Saturday was the funeral service, and right behind me, of course, was the dessert table. People brought cookies, and brownies and cheesecake and cupcakes and lord knows what else. To be honest, I never once got up and even looked at the dessert table.  My son grabbed pretty much one of everything. I ate one bite of a brownie, and one bite of a cupcake, and make him throw away the rest. The old me? She would of taken at least two trips up there and stuffed her face, and of course, washed it down with Diet Coke.

Hell, at dinner, I didn't even put a roll, the pasta salad or the scalloped potatoes on my plate. I WANTED to. I really wanted to. But I didn't. I did my protein first and drank water all night. I was incredibly proud of myself, honestly.

I feel like I have come a long way. I know that every so often, I can indulge. Just last week I ate a chocolate croissant from Starbucks. I didn't binge, I didn't go on a rampage and eat a ton, I just added an extra workout into my day and went about my business. It feels good to finally have some control over my diet and my life!

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair