, , ,

Water. And Rascal Flatts

Woo.  I just came off of an awesome mother-freakin' weekend.  I mean...it was awesome.  Thursday, I was able to cross something off of my bucket list.  My husband and I got to see Journey in concert.  But, this was no ordinary concert.  Ohhhhh no.  For on Thursday, they were sharing the bill with my all-time favorites, Rascal Flatts.  Yep.  It was heaven on earth.  

For those of you who are Journey fans, I have to tell you, Arnel Pineda is one of the most energetic front men I've EVER seen live in concert, and I've seen a lot.  First and foremost, I don't understand how he's 45 years old.  Seriously.  Look at him!  Amazeballs.  Just proof that if you take good care of yourself, you too can look young :)  He blew me away and he was just awesomesauce.

The whole band looks good, actually.  For being around as long as they have, it's crazy.  They sounded perfect.  They played all the Journey songs I wanted to hear and then some.  I'm telling you, the night was glorious!

Of course, after seeing Journey, the night only got better when I got to see Rascal Flatts.  Nothing is ever better than that.  They are my heroes...my inspiration.  These guys have the biggest hearts.  They are so kind and so humble.  I've been fortunate enough to meet them several times and I just love them to no end.  Many people don't understand my "obsession" with them.  They inspire me...they are just everything.  It was a great night.  And I'm lucky enough to see them again in September and October.  Wooooo hoo!

So, the concert was in Hershey, PA, which is a 6 hour drive from where we live.  It was a really long day.  We left at 8am, got into Hershey, ate some lunch/dinner, checked into the hotel, and pretty much left for the concert, since it started at 5:30.  (Yes...not only was it a long drive, but a long concert...The Band Perry opened, Journey played for 1.5 hours, then Flatts played for 1.5 hours..so it was well worth it).  But, still a long day.  By the time we got back to the hotel after the show, it was nearing 2 am and I still needed to shower and eat something.

This was the first time I had traveled anywhere since getting sleeved.  I thought I was prepared, but I was not.  For breakfast, I ate half of a Quest protein bar.  I drank bottles of water in the car on the ride down.  We didn't stop for food, because we kept thinking maybe the next exit...maybe at the hotel...maybe maybe maybe.  When we finally got into Hershey, we went to Outback and I got a grilled chicken breast but could only eat half (it was 5 ounces).  After dinner, I just had a bad headache and was exhausted from the drive, but was anxious and excited for the concert.  It was hotter than balls out that day...I mean frikkin hot.  We got to the show and took our seats and I just had sweat dripping down my back.  It was so gross.  I drank two more bottles of water at the show and at one point was *this* close to just pouring a bottle down my shirt.  

My headache kept getting worse and about halfway though Journey's set, I realized holy crap, I have no energy left.  Between the heat and not eating most of the day (at this point in the day, around 7pm, all I had eaten was that half protein bar and half chicken breast)...I was frikkin spent.  Also?  I was dehydrated.  My feet were cramping so badly, I had to sit down.  Anyone who knows me knows that I do NOT ever sit down at a concert.  Ever.  Nope.  I'm up shaking my ass, singing along the entire time.  I just couldn't do it.  I felt like crap.

Once we got back to the hotel room, I ate the other half of my chicken breast.  Let me tell you...Godzilla was NOT pleased with me at all.  I took a shower after that, then went to bed.  Yea.  Me and Godzilla tossed and turned for a good two hours because he just wouldn't stop with the gurgling.  It wasn't until I got out of bed and let out a burp that he finally settled down.  Damn sleeve.

Anyhow...lesson learned on my trip.  Next time I go anywhere, I've got to keep a better eating schedule.  And drink more water.  Even when I think I'm doing ok with it, I'm not.  and dehydrating was absolutely NO fun! 

0 shared thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Changed Gurl © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair